“Children are at the centre of all we do”
We are very proud to be a Forest School with many of our staff trained as Level 3 Forest School Practitioners. We use the outdoor spaces within our school grounds and in our wider local area. Your child will develop outdoor and adventurous skills and experience a wide variety of multisensory experiences within the natural environment. We all spend one half day per week outdoors, following the classroom curriculum and the changing seasons.
Possible activities may include:
- Hunting for minibeasts
- Natural crafts – making necklaces from elder, crowns or dream catchers from willow, collages from natural materials, weaving with long grasses, making tree cookies,
- Mud Painting and sculptures,
- Shelter building and knot tying,
- Using tools for a purpose – such as peeling bark from sticks with potato peelers to make toasting forks,
- Fire building and cooking on a camp fire,
- Making food in our outdoor classroom using our hand built outdoor pizza oven.
Sessions are planned around individual and group needs, and built upon each week.
Forest School activities are offered to each child everyday through our Forest School Childcare facility. Please ask at the office for details.